A Tam in Australia

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Fresh Starts

I can't believe the irony. I was about to publish my post (about Fresh Starts), and it somehow got lost in cyberspace so now, I have to start all over.

A lot has happened in the last few weeks to which the only appropriate coping response is to start fresh:

- I was reminded of my lack of skill in the art of essay writing, time management, and 3 hour essay exams
- A 2-year relationship has ended (amicably, not to worry)
- I moved out of my apartment and crossed my name off the lease
- My computer presented a lovely blue screen of death a few days ago, and I lost the last 3 years' worth of documents, photos, correspondence, life plans, etc.
- A new semester at school has just started

Coincidentally, as therapy for the break-up, I looked at every single digital photo on my computer. I also selected a really nice bunch to slide-show as my screen saver and these made me very happy:

- mom on a water slide...on a cruise ship?!
- andrew, la tour eiffel, and cotton candy
- split, croatia on my birthday
- montana
- dad in a hot italian leather jacket
- my bud

So, if you have any feedback on anything in this post, I'd encourage you to write to me. Chances are I really miss you, and especially with all the changes happening (when it rains, it pours, doesn't it?) I'm more likely to be highly sentimental and will tell you how much I appreciate you.

The adventure continues, and happily, I'd say. I've been bombarded by immense support, kindness, generosity, hilarity, humility, and countless other good things and experiences.

Tell me, what's going on in your life? Send me digital photos!

love,
a

1 Comments:

At Tue Aug 15, 07:33:00 AM GMT+10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey did you try to extract the data from the drive????

i am linking to your blog now, that way I won't loose track of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home