A Tam in Australia

Friday, October 27, 2006

Australians just don't "do" Halloween like the Americans do...

Tonight I hemmed and I hawed. Should I nap or should I study, or should I join in on the Best Critical Mass of the year? HALLOWEEN!! The majority of CMs I've gone on have been the Halloween Ride. They're tough to miss and they're just a lot of fun...in cities where Halloween is actually celebrated, I was soon to find out...


At the last minute, I decided to go. I didn't have a costume, what was I going to do?! Oh, I'll settle for a simple adornment, just so I don't miss out...so, I tied the great lantern my Best Bud mailed to me to the top of my helmet and secured two red flashy bike lights to the inside.

My Bianchi and I zipped out the door. Within a kilometre, the stares and points penetrated my thick sleepy skull...wait, wait, WAIT! Is THIS the Reality of what it means that Australians just don't "get" Halloween?! "That's all right, Angela, don't worry...when you get to the Hyde Park Fountain to meet the rest of the Critical Massers, THEN you'll be underdressed!," I consoled myself.

I was wrong.

sigh...

-a-

1 Comments:

At Sat May 05, 12:32:00 PM GMT+10, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, your Best Bud must be pretty cool to send you that lantern all the way to Australia! ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home