A Tam in Australia

Thursday, August 31, 2006


M O V I N G R I G H T A L O N G . . .

This is a snapshop where "END" is my nursing school campus and "START" is where I'm moving tomorrow
(again). It's a mere 2.11km!

Today's excerise is to see if I can recount the number of times I've moved in the last few years
(starting from tomorrow and working my way backwards):
1. Annandale to Erskineville
2. Artarmon to Annandale
3. Lane Cove to Artarmon
4. Ridgewood (New Jersey) to Lane Cove (Australia)
5. NYC to Ridgewood
6. Ridgewood to NYC
7. Brooklyn to Ridgewood
8. Ridgewood to Brooklyn
9. Mountain Lakes to Ridgewood
10. Chicago to Mountain Lakes

Originally, my list was just the moves in Australia but then it just looked puny. I thought it felt like a lot more than it looked on screen so I kept retracing the steps before. Oh well. In any case, rest assured that the moves are in and of themselves, their own little adventures.

I recently watched a film at the Newtown Dendy, an arthouse theatre, called Breakfast on Pluto with Cillian Murphy and Liam Neeson. The main character, Kitten, travels around with a tiny little suitcase. I wondered if I could do that. I decided that if I had more fashion sense, I might. Otherwise, I'd be such a boring identity - just wearing a black t-shirt and jeans every day. My sneakers aren't even that exciting. But in Breakfast, Kitten looks GREAT and you just know that whatever's in that art deco little suitcase is just as good.

On the other hand, after taking one look at me you wouldn't think I've got a go-go outfit w/coordinating accessories and stockings in my non-descript suitcase. Probably just a dead cat or something.

And, those are my thoughts for the evening. If you don't hear from me, send the appropriate authorities to come find me in Erskineville, NSW!

xo
-a-

1 Comments:

At Tue Sep 12, 08:01:00 AM GMT+10, Blogger vmarvin said...

holas!
when are you sending me your actual address?
or did my reading comprehension fail me again - i don't remember reading your address.
Anyways - hoping to catch you soon on the phone -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home