A Tam in Australia

Saturday, May 19, 2007

C L A S S I C

Anyone who has had to take a humanities class at uni has come across the critical analysis essay. Writing these can be grueling for those of us who don't express themselves very well when given rules and guidelines. A recent paper topic had me examining the Australian healthcare system and arguing its inequities.

The other day I was in the kitchen chatting with my Siberian housemate, Lev, an engineering student. I was talking about this paper I had to write. Apparently 2500 words is REALLY long to him. I corrected him and said, "Well, it's more than that, it's like 8-9 pages." With a straight, serious face, he said in his Russian accent:

"...are you allowed to put pictures and diagrams in it?"

My only response was uncontrollable laughter and, "Do I have your permission to write that on my blog? That's too funny."

ergo.

xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home